TRYING OUT A CLASS
Thank you for your interest in scheduling a trial lesson with us. We are honored for the opportunity to share with you the valuable Martial Arts skills that have helped empower not only our own lives but the lives of millions of other practitioners around the world.
Although we know that one class is not enough for anyone to feel the immense benefits that our training provides, this is the best way for the participant to experience firsthand the atmosphere and culture at Crosley Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.
To view what others have to say about their experience at our Academy, CLICK HERE.
Trial lessons are scheduled during a regular group lesson. This allows the participant to get an exact idea of what the training atmosphere is like avoiding any surprises after enrollment. During the trial, the participant will see how experienced, charismatic, friendly, and professional our instructors are and how much fun the training is!
TRIAL CLASS FORMAT
A regular trial lesson lasts about 55 minutes long. It starts with a warm-up session that includes different functional exercises and stretching. The Instructor will work one-on-one with the participant as follows, answering any questions about training he or she may have while teaching the intro curriculum class. Each program has its own intro material:
YOUTH PROGRAM (4-14 Year-Olds)
The trial class starts with the participant being introduced to the entire class. Current students line up and approach the trial student one by one, welcoming him or her to the class. The intro material taught here will depend on the age group the participant is in.
*Due to extremely high demand, all of the classes within the Youth Jiu-Jitsu Programs are currently full. To find out more about getting added to our waitlists, please call us at (925) 634-6958.
For membership pricing options, ask about booking an appointment for a site visit, and we’ll discuss all options in person. While on-site, a Membership Application to apply to be added to our waitlist is available upon request.
ADULT CO-ED (Ages 15 +)
The material during the trial lesson will differ between male and female participants. Male students will practice techniques in the four stages of Jiu-Jitsu's approach for a street fight.
- Safely closing the distance/clinching
- Taking the fight to the ground
- Obtaining superior positional control over the attacker
- Finishing the fight via joint locks/chokeholds
Females will learn the psychology behind a sexual assault, its stages, and practice techniques from each stage.
MUAY THAI KICKBOXING (Ages 14 +)
Class begins with a warm-up session of three 3-minute rounds of jump ropes. The instructor will then show the fundamentals of Kickboxing, including stance, basic footwork, and basic striking combinations.
BOOKING A TRIAL CLASS
Trial lessons may be scheduled for up to two family members for the same class. The investment is $35.00 per participant (credited back towards the membership if the participant enrolls immediately after the trial). To book a trial lesson, call us at (925) 634-6958.
*Trial lesson fee is non-refundable.
- We will provide the uniform/training equipment
- A parent must accompany any participant under 18 years of age
- Participants must arrive at least 15 minutes before the appointment time
- A liability waiver must be completed before arrival (link included on the booking confirmation email)
- Please wear flip-flops or sandals when attending the class to enter and exit the mat area quickly
- Early Cancellation - If the student cannot attend the appointment, we require 24-hour advance notice by phone or email to reschedule the lesson at no additional charge.
- Late Cancellation - If the cancellation does not occur within the early cancellation window, the student loses the trial privilege, and a new appointment and trial fee will be required. The same applies to a no-show, no-call.
We are an appointment-only facility. Contact us today to schedule your site visit. We look forward to meeting you!
- Crosley Gracie Jiu-Jitsu - Brentwood
- 3291 Walnut Blvd. #140, Brentwood, California 94513
- Get Directions