Academy And Student Creed
1. BROTHERHOOD: CGJJA Instructors shall reinforce the family spirit among students, parents, and other Instructors. Their attitude must always be positive and cooperative to channel their creative energy towards the strengthening and the growth of our family, always putting the team in front of individual selfish needs.
2. COOPERATION: CGJJA Instructors shall nurture and reinforce a cooperative environment inside and outside the dojo. They must ensure the competitive realm is restricted to tournaments and the competitor's attitude. They must make the students understand that progress is not reflected in their ability to overcome a training partner or a competitive opponent but rather reflected in their capacity to engage in a competitive training experience where the winner is whoever learns more.
3. DISCIPLINE: CGJJA Instructors shall always discipline the students and make them understand that without discipline, there is no mastery, neither in Jiu-Jitsu nor in life. And without the willingness to sacrifice, excellence is just not possible.
4. RESPECT: CGJJA Instructors shall reinforce that students must act with warmth and equally toward one another, regardless of their difference in race, creed, gender, nationality, or religious views. The belt ranks hierarchy must be respected, and the authority of the Black Belt sincerely recognized.
5. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND GROWTH: CGJJA shall reinforce that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a lifelong journey with no ending point. Students must perceive the Black Belt as their minimum goal and that their progress represents an increasing commitment to their growth as Jiu-Jitsu practitioners and human beings.
6. LEADERSHIP: CGJJA Instructors shall lead by example, kindness, and care. The formal authority shall always and ever be supported by their moral authority, built upon a positive, cooperative, and constructive attitude towards the students and other Instructors.
7. INSPIRATION: CGJJA Instructors shall understand their importance in students' lives as role models and their responsibility to bring out the best each person has within.
8. ENJOYMENT: CGJJA Instructors shall teach a class as a privilege and never take it as a burden. Each class is a realization of a dream, the instructor's life work. They must enjoy every minute of it and teach like it will be their last opportunity to change students' lives for better.
1. I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or physical health.
2. I intend to develop self-discipline in order to bring out the best in others and myself.
3. I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and defensively to help my fellow man, and myself and never to be abusive or offensive.
- Crosley Gracie Jiu-Jitsu - Brentwood
- 3291 Walnut Blvd. #140, Brentwood, California 94513
- Get Directions
Or Contact Us Online
Submit the form below to connect with us.