JIU-JITSU FOR MOMS
Moms are awesome for many reasons. They are selfless and put everyone in the household ahead of themselves. They give and give without expecting much in return.
But sometimes, this selflessness and dedication to others can create stress and anxiety that sometimes can’t be cured with just regular exercise.
Feeling awkward and out of place in a male-predominant activity is absolutely normal. But like everything else in life, you’ll get over these mental obstacles over time.
Jiu-Jitsu training is the ideal activity for any Mom, not just because it’s the most realistic and effective self-defense system in the world today, but because it is purpose-giving, stress-relieving, physically empowering, and helps improve physical, mental, and emotional health. It’s also challenging and fun, allowing Moms to have their own “me time.”
Moms are passing things down to their kids all the time. Why not give them the gift of a confident role model with a healthy dose of self-respect? Why not show them through your actions how a leader perseveres?
Check out other amazing benefits of Jiu-Jitsu training:
- Combat anxiety, depression, and chronic stress
- Improve confidence, self-reliance, and self-esteem
- Improve critical thinking
- Better your sleeping habits
- Develop a new way to bond with your kids (if they also train)
- Fewer mood swings due to the constant release of endorphins
- Reduce or eliminate aggressive behavior
- Enhance your problem-solving skills
- Prevent panic response when faced with stressful situations
- Body awareness: Jiu-Jitsu teaches you to love your body for what it can do, not what it looks like
- Lose weight and tone your body
- Improve your fitness levels and physical strength
- Improve motor skills and develop tenacity
Welcome to the training, Moms of current youth students Jasmina Pique (second from R) and Elizabeth Collins (far R)!